Go Forward With Faith is the title of today’s devotional from Stand a Little Taller by Gordon B Hinckley.
Now behold, a marvelous work is about to come
Forth among the children of men. Therefore,
O ye that embark in the service of God, see
That ye serve him with all your heart,
Might, mind and strength, that ye may stand
Blameless before God at the last day
Doctrine and Covenants 4:1-2
These are the best of times in the history of this work. What a wonderful privilege and great responsibility are ours to be an important part of this latter-day work of God. Do not become side-tracked by the wiles of Satan that seem so rampant in our era. Rather, let us go forward with faith and with the vision of the great and marvelous future that lies ahead as this work grows in strength and gains in momentum.
We are on the eve of General Conference that will take place on October 6 and 7. It is a time members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints come together as one collective body to hear the teachings from inspired Apostles and a modern day Prophet. With so much going on in the world today, members of the Church seek after counsel and wisdom from these men who have been called to lead and direct the Gospel of Jesus Christ in these last days.
As one ponders the thought – Go Forward with Faith – how can this General Conference help us move forward? What messages are we seeking for in our life and our time today? What things can we add to in order to develop our testimony of the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how can we use this General Conference as a means to engage in greater missionary work?
There are several ways that we can go forward in faith:
- Come to a greater understanding and appreciation for the Atonement of Jesus Christ
- Delve in and faithfully develop greater scripture study and insights in how the scriptures help guide us in these days
- Engage in service with our fellow neighbors and strangers – reaching out a helping hand with love and compassion
- Develop a better commitment to engage in Family Home Evening and healthy family activities
- Serve in our callings faithfully and honorably, serving our fellow ward family
- Engage in serving our community through much needed volunteer activities
- Engage in and commit to more member missionary work by sharing the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- Develop our own personal scripture study and prayer – meditating on the scriptures we read
- Develop a stronger relationship with the Holy Spirit and allow the Spirit to guide us in all truth and understanding
We all have the tools and the means by which we can move forward in faith – to share the Gospel of Jesus Christ and serve our fellow neighbors. However, if we choose to remain unmovable, then we lose out on the wonderful blessings that our Heavenly Father has in store for us. Let us therefore go forward in faith and accomplish those things we are called upon to accomplish.